a stooge for Media General. In my youth I took a job at the Tampa Tribune folding, stapling and mutilating, but little did I know it was just a front organization for a media empire intent on world domination. As soon as I became aware of this situation I terminated my employment, last Wednesday as a matter of fact. There are some who will say that I was fired and they would be correct, but I like to think myself as having been separated from the company. By contractual obligation I am not allowed to release any corporate secrets or privileged information I might have gained while creating the worlds most complex spreadsheets. These are all copyrighted and the property of MG Inc. I created formulas that would make a grown manager cry and I pity the fool who gets to debug them. Fortunately that is no longer my problem.
Now I find myself with some unexpected free time. Items on my to do list are...
- A trek through Szechuan, China on pony back working as expedition photographer for Richmond writer Dean H. King.
- A bicycle trek though Byrd Park, around the Carillon and back home.
- Being a stowaway on the Chinatown bus from Richmond to NYC. I'm going as freight. It's a step above coach.
- Reading James Joyce, Ulysses, or at least watching the mini series.
- Watch seasons 1, 2 and 3 of the Deadliest Catch in a 48 hour marathon.
- Organizing my CD collection.